Lottery Project Funding 2019-20
The aim of this programme is to assist organisations to deliver arts projects which contribute to the growth of arts in the community for new and existing audiences and which reflect the diversity of Northern Ireland’s society and culture.
We want to support activities which benefit the people of Northern Ireland or that help arts organisations in Northern Ireland carry out their work.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from the widest possible range of organisations and in particular from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. You will be required to provide proof that you have a legal constitution.
- Registered charities and other organisations which cannot distribute profits may apply for funds.
- Local Authorities are eligible to apply but they are a low priority.
- Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the project is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
- You do not have to be primarily an arts organisation, although the focus of the project must be on arts activities.
- If your organisation has a limited membership, or is a school, college or university, you must show that the project will benefit the wider public.
- Public sector agencies can apply for projects which are outside their statutory remit.
- Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects.
- In most cases we expect the activity to take place in Northern Ireland. However, organisations based outside Northern Ireland can apply where they can demonstrate significant benefit to the people of Northern Ireland.
How to apply?
Online Applications are open now.
Online applications may be edited, saved and returned up to the closing date. You MUST submit ALL mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time, ie. at the point at which you submit your online application. These enclosures are listed within the online application. .
The online application allows you to upload and attach the necessary enclosures to your application. All such documents must be in Word, Excel or pdf format. We cannot accept documents in other formats. Total size of documents should not exceed 25 Mb.
Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to upload all documents to the system as there can be long delays as the closing deadline approaches and the system will shut down at 4.00 pm on the closing date. If your complete application is not uploaded when the system closes, your application will not be accepted.
It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive the application form and documents by the closing time and date.
All of the information you provide will be held on computer. This information will be used for the administration of applications and grants, for producing statistics and information on successful applicants. Remember to keep a copy of the completed form and enclosures for your own records.