Conscious that the excellent work being done in the music sector, by its existing clients and others, is not always fairly distributed geographically, and furthermore that this is disproportionately the case with certain kinds of music, the Arts Council is committed to supporting a more ambitious, dynamic and cohesive approach to under-represented genres such as jazz, world music, chamber music and contemporary music.
The Council wishes to develop year-round programming across Northern Ireland for the benefit of local artists and audiences alike to reflect the diversity of Northern Ireland’s society and culture and contribute the growth of the music sector
In offering this programme, the Arts Council aims to do the following:
• Promote quality jazz, world, chamber and contemporary music which tours to a minimum of 3 venues outside the company’s administrative base.
• Advance collaborative audience development projects with Audiences NI and venues in Northern Ireland.
• Develop audiences for music in Northern Ireland.
• Strengthen relationships between those involved in artistic, audience and programme development on both the supply (artists, producers) and demand (promoters, audiences) sides of touring.
• Engage in active advocacy for specialist providers and promoters with local authorities and venues to ensure a fully rounded, high-quality programme of musical performance across NI.
Who can apply?
• Organisations with expertise in under-represented genres such as jazz, world music, chamber music and contemporary music
• Registered charities and other organisations which cannot distribute profits may apply for funds
• Local Authorities
• Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the project is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests
• If your organisation has a limited membership, or is a school, college or university, you must show that the project will benefit the wider public
• Public sector agencies for projects which are outside their statutory remit
• Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects
• Organisations currently in receipt of any other Arts Council revenue or Lottery grant must demonstrate that the costs are additional to any programme already funded
How to apply?
Organisations who meet the application criteria can apply by downloading and completing a copy of the application form.
Hard Copy Application Forms
|Guidance Notes NI Music Touring Programme 2016|
|Application Form NI Music Touring Programme 2016|
|Memorandum of Understanding NI Music Touring 2016|