Public Art Programme
The Public Art Programme is designed to support the commissioning of new art for public places throughout Northern Ireland.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from the widest possible range of organisations and in particular from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. You will be required to provide proof that you have a legal constitution.
- Local authorities, registered charities and other organisations which cannot distribute profits may apply for funds.
- Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the project is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
- You do not have to be primarily an arts organisation, although the focus of the project must be on arts activities.
- If your organisation has a limited membership, or is a school, college or university, you must show that the project will benefit the wider public.
- Public sector agencies can apply for projects which are outside their statutory remit.
- Organisations currently in receipt of any other Arts Council Exchequer or Lottery grants which can demonstrate that the project is additional to any programme already funded.
- Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects.
How to apply?
Applications for this scheme can be made using our online form or by downloading a hard copy. We aim to inform you of our final decision within three months of the closing date.