Open Submission Scheme
Arts Council of Northern Ireland recognises the importance of purchasing contemporary work as a vital support mechanism for artists.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland’s specific objectives with respect to acquisitions are to
- support individual artists;
- contribute to the development of visual arts practice in Northern Ireland;
- develop a culture in which visual art is respected and appreciated;
- foster knowledge and research;
- ensure that contemporary visual arts are showcased; and,
- stimulate the art market in Northern Ireland.
Who can apply?
Artists of all disciplines and in all types of working practice, who have made a contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of one year within the last five years.
Artists from Northern Ireland who are living elsewhere will also be considered. In excep