Lottery Project Funding Opens for Applications
Friday 20th April 2018 at 4pm 0 Comments Architecture , Arts & Health , Arts and Older People , Circus & Carnival Arts , Comedy , Community Arts , Craft , Drama , Dance , Intercultural Arts , International Arts , Music & Opera , Literature , Language Arts , Traditional Arts , Visual Arts , Youth Arts
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland is now inviting applications to its Lottery Project Funding Programme.
The annual programme is designed to encourage organisations to develop and deliver future arts projects.
Successful applicants will deliver arts projects which contribute to the growth of arts in the community for new and existing audiences and which reflect the diversity of Northern Ireland’s society and culture.
Last year 50 awards were presented to organisations to support projects working across all area of the arts including, drama, dance, community arts, literature and music. The Arts Council awards Lottery Project funding on an annual basis. The minimum grant available under this programme is normally £10,001and it is unlikely that any grant will exceed £100,000.
Roisin McDonough, Chief Executive of the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, commented: “National Lottery funding makes it possible for the Arts Council to support high quality arts programming right across Northern Ireland. Last year’s Lottery Project Funding supported a diverse range of projects, from festivals, to community arts events, theatre productions and concerts, reaching out to audiences and participants across all sections of the community.
“This year we want to continue that good work, with a particular focus this year in supporting projects which encourage the involvement of children and young people, older people, or people with disabilities with organisations and artists of the very highest professional standards across the disciplines. We’ll also be looking specifically for projects which promote innovative, original work by Northern Ireland artists and performers.”
Organisations can apply for arts activities which last up to one year. These can include:-
• Projects, events and programmes of activity together with related overhead costs associated with the delivery of the project/event or programme.
• Continuation of salaries of existing administrative and/or arts posts.
• Commissions and Productions
• Research and development
• Audience Development – to meet the needs of audiences and to help arts organisations develop ongoing relationships with audiences
• Touring (in more than one local authority area)
• One-off, large-scale national arts events, such as conferences, which take place in Northern Ireland and benefit people and artists from across Northern Ireland and beyond
• Presentations or exhibitions (in more than one local authority area) of work by international artists and arts organisations
Applications must be submitted online before 4pm on Thursday 3rd May for projects that will be completed by 30th June 2019.
Applicants are advised to consult the programme Guidance Notes, Introduction Notes and Commitment statements before submitting their application. Please note that hard copy applications will not be accepted under this scheme.