NEEDS ANALYSIS REVENUE-FUNDED INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONAL THEATRE COMPANIES
Monday 15th April 2002 at 1pm 0 Comments
Options and Recommendations
A summary of key recommendations with regard to the way forward would be:
- A strategy for theatre in Northern Ireland.
- Revisiting of the key issues and recommendations in the Southwood Review of Performing Arts Venues and Spaces.
- Additional revenue funding for the professional theatre sector.
- Promotion and encouragement of good practice with regard to terms and conditions of employment within the sector.
- Ease of access to Lottery funding.
- A template for collation of date on theatre production outputs.
- More detail linked to announcement of specific funding allocations.
- A united, broad-based theatre lobby.
- Clarification of the situation and timescale with regard to the introduction of multi-annual funding.
- Resources and strategy for improvements to electronic ticketing facilities to ensure better data capture on audiences.
- An audience baseline for theatre in Northern Ireland.
- A strategic discussion with the sector on the development of capital provision for theatre.
- Resources and strategy for touring work outside Northern Ireland.
- Subsidy for cross-border touring.
- Trainee bursaries.