Thursday 15th September 2016 at 12pm 0 Comments
Public Tenders issued by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and on behalf of client organisations.
A Support Service Agreement is required to cover a short interim period pending completion of a recruitment process. It is anticipated that the duration of this service agreement will be at least one month starting in June 2018 with the possibility of extension to include July and early August. The agreement to provide services can be terminated by either party having given a minimum of one week’s written notice.
The purpose of the agreement is to provide a high standard of practical support services including printing, induction, training and support and ensuring the smooth, efficient and effective running and maintenance of Seacourt Print Workshop (SPW) for their outreach and education projects, members, interns, visiting artists and other users.
The main responsibilities are
- Assisting with the day to day operations of SPW
- Supervising and assisting workshop users with printing as required
- Demonstrating and providing practical support in technical processes including mixing ink and use of tools and presses when required
- Taking responsibility for health & safety in the workshop including ensuring the safe use of the presses, chemicals, cutters and other equipment.
- Providing training to small groups and individuals in the safe and proper use of equipment
- Maintaining all workshop equipment and facilities in a clean condition and in good working order
- Maintaining records of material use, monitoring and reordering stocks
- Taking responsibility for storage of prints and other works in production.
- Preparing materials for projects and keeping records and costing of materials used.
- Actively promoting the services available at Seacourt to visitors and existing users
- Working within Seacourt’s policies at all times
- Performing other duties, including key holder duties, as assigned by the Board.
The service provider must meet all of the following essential criteria:
They will be
- educated to at least degree level in printmaking
- substantially experienced in providing printmaking and technical support in a print studio setting and/or in outreach settings
- well experienced in working with groups of people teaching printmaking methods and safe use of equipment
People wishing to tender to deliver this temporary service should email the following details, note CVs are not accepted.
- Title, Full name, full postal address, contact telephone number
- A brief summary of the experience they have which will enable them to provide the service and undertake the main duties listed
- Write, in no more than 250 words for each, how they meet the essential criteria listed
- Provide the names and contact details of two referees, one of whom must be able to comment on the applicant’s professional practice
The tender must be in the English language completed and fully compliant with the requirements detailed in this documentation.
Tenders should be submitted by email to email@example.com before 1pm on Tuesday, 29 May 2018. Tenders received after this will not be considered. Please write ‘Tender to provide Print Services’ in the subject line.
The Playhouse Derry-Londonderry is inviting tenders for four Socially Engaged Artists (open to individuals from Northern Ireland and border counties who are practicing in any art form e.g. theatre, film, art, music etc…)
The Socially Engaged Artists will deliver Local Projects, as part of the Playhouse’s EU Peace IV project:
- Two Local Projects to be completed by December 2018
- Two Local Projects to be completed by March 2019.
The deadline for tenders is 12 noon on Thursday 31 May 2018.