Equality and Disability Consultation
Equality Action Plan and Disability Action Plan Consultation
Open for consultation on Monday 5th August 2019
Deadline for consultation responses is 4pm on Monday 28th October 2019.
As part of the 5 year review of the Arts Council’s Equality Scheme an updated draft Scheme and associated action plans have been developed.
The Arts Council’s draft equality and disability 5 year action plans 2019 – 24 are both open for consultation with the arts sector and key stakeholders, as well as our partners in local and central government, and the wider public sector. These action plans set out the Arts Council’s commitment to fulfil obligations under the Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
Both action plans build on the measures already undertaken by the Arts Council and renew our commitment to:
- Ensure equality of access to, and participation in, the arts;
- Create opportunities for good relations between NI residents through the arts; and
- Promote positive attitudes towards Section 75 groups.
Please view the following documents for comment:
Have your say
To share your views with us, you can:
- Complete the Consultation Proforma document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your views by email to email@example.com
- Write to us at: Equality Action Plan and Disability Action Plan Consultation Response, Arts Council of Northern Ireland, 1 The Sidings, Antrim Road, Lisburn BT28 3AJ
- Send us feedback in the form of a digital video or sound recording. These can be submitted via CD or link to cloud storage such as Dropbox, WeTransfer or Google Drive.
Consultation documents are available in a range of formats on request. Contact Graeme Stevenson, Strategic Development Department by telephone 02892 623 548 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org