Annual Funding Survey
All organisations in receipt of Annual Funding Programme (AFP) funding from the Arts Council of Northern Ireland are required to complete an annual survey.
The Annual Funding Survey (AFS) is to be completed, as a condition of grant by all organisations in receipt of Annual Funding Programme (AFP) funding.
Revisions to the 2020/21 Survey
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has made several changes to this year’s survey to reflect new information needs, partly as a result of the COVID-19 crisis but also in response to the changing way the sector is operating.
Making these changes will ensure our support will remain relevant and that we can share the results with government, confident that they reflect the sector as it now looks.
All clients in receipt of Annual Funding Programme support during the financial year 2020/21 will be required to complete this revised survey by 31 May 2021.
Not all changes will be relevant to your organisation but please review the survey to ensure you are collecting the information needed to complete it as there may be a need to reclassify some of the information you collect for us.
A detailed set of guidance notes have been developed to answer any queries you may have. These can be found here.
The survey template can be found here
The main changes made to the survey are:
- The survey has been reduced from 6 to 5 sections.
- We no longer require organisations to complete a narrative section, describing project level activity.
- We have added a ‘specialist staff’ employment category to reflect the change in skills organisations are recruiting.
- We have extended workforce employment classifications to reflect changes in gender identity and sexual orientation. These classifications have been extended to include all employment areas, including board members.
- New (minor) income and expenditure categories have been added to reflect the greater diversification in income and expenditure.
- We now ask organisations to estimate the extent of face-to-face contact hours spent delivering participation work and provide details of this digital output.
- To reflect the variety of access needs organisations provide people with disabilities, we have refined our accessibility question.
- We have refined the venue options in the physical location template.