Health and Safety Capital Programme
The Arts Council has designed this programme to enable organisations to purchase equipment and/or carry out minor works to their premises which will address any health and safety issues that has been created due to Covid-19 or has been an outstanding maintenance issue which has rendered the space not fit for purpose.
We want to support organisations across Northern Ireland to maintain their creative spaces addressing any issues that may hinder the work to take place. We want to ensure that organisations have proper measures in place to welcome their staff, artists and audiences. We also want to support organisations in their delivery of the arts in new and creative alternatives.
Particular priority will be given to equipment and minor works which
- address Covid-19 requirements;
- improves the accessibility of the arts;
- continues the safe practice for continued accessibility of the arts;
- improves the environment for the arts sector;
- enhances or broadens the audience/participants’ experience
Who can apply?
The Arts Council welcomes applications from the widest possible range of organisations and, in particular, from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. In addition, in order to be eligible to apply to this programme, please note the following:
• You do not have to be primarily an arts organisation (for example, community groups may apply to the scheme), however, the purpose of the requested equipment and / or minor works must be clearly focussed on the arts.
• Local authorities are eligible to apply but they are a low priority.
• Registered charities and other fully constituted organisations which cannot distribute a profit are eligible to apply.
• Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the equipment and/or minor works is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
• If your organisation has a limited membership you must show that the equipment and / or minor works will benefit the wider public.
• Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects may apply.
Who Cannot Apply?
• Broadcasters (excluding community service broadcasters)
• Central Government Departments
• Bands seeking musical instruments (the Arts Council has a separate Musical Instruments for Bands programme.)
• Schools, Colleges and Universities
• Organisations who are in breach of the terms of previous ACNI grant awards.
What Can You Apply For?
You can apply for any equipment and / or minor works to help adapt your venue or working practice. This could be, but not limited to, the following:
• Covid-19 equipment in line with Government requirements
• Creation of safe spaces in relation to Covid-19 needs
• New equipment / structures to enable delivery outdoors
• IT equipment to address the new working environment
• Software (pre-loaded operating systems and packages)
• Accessibility equipment and minor works
• Works in relation to upgrading and maintaining existing systems
Download Guidance notes here
Equipment / Minor Works Request List herehttp://www.artscouncil-ni.org/images/uploads/publications-documents/ACNI-Health-Safety-Equipment-Minor-Works-Request-List-May2022.xlsx
How to apply?
You must apply using our online system. We will not accept applications in hard copy or by email.
• Online applications may be edited, saved and returned up to the closing date.
• You must submit all mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time as your application, ie. they must be uploaded to your online application prior to its submission. These enclosures are listed on the attachments page within the online application and are detailed below.
• Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to upload all documents to the system as there can be long delays as the closing deadline approaches and the system will shut down at 12noon precisely on the closing date, Thursday 9 June 2022. If your complete application is not fully uploaded when the system closes, your application will not be accepted.
• If you submit your application by the closing deadline, you will receive an automated email advising that your application has been successfully submitted to the system. If you do not receive this email, your application has not been submitted.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that we receive the application form and uploaded enclosures by the closing time and date.