Health and Safety Capital Programme
Mindful of the serious impact the COVID-19 crisis has had on this already fragile sector, the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, with support from the Department for Communities, invites applications from small to medium scale organisations in the cultural sector. The request for funding should be specific to covering any Covid-19 works or purchases required in order for your organisation to become functional again.
The Arts Council has published guidelines on reopening of the arts sector. These guidance notes may be of some use when making the application and considering the needs of your organisation.
Who can apply?
The Arts Council welcomes applications from the widest possible range of organisations and in particular from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. In addition, in order to be eligible to apply to this programme, please note the following:
You do not have to be primarily an arts organisation, (for example, community groups may apply to the scheme), however, the purpose of the requested equipment or minor works must be clearly focussed on the arts.
• Local authorities are eligible to apply but they are a low priority.
• Registered charities and other fully constituted organisations which cannot distribute a profit are eligible to apply.
• Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the equipment /minor works is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
• If your organisation has a limited membership you must show that the equipment/minor works will benefit the wider public.
• Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects may apply.
Who Cannot Apply?
• Broadcasters (excluding community service broadcasters)
• Central Government Departments
• Bands seeking musical instruments (the Arts Council has a separate Musical Instruments for Bands programme.)
• Schools, Colleges and Universities
• Organisations who are in breach of the terms of previous ACNI grant awards.
How to apply?
You must apply using our online system. We will not accept applications in hard copy or by email.
- Online applications may be edited, saved and returned up to the closing date.
- You must submit all mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time as your application, ie. they must be uploaded to your online application prior to its submission. These enclosures are listed on the attachments page within the online application and are detailed below.
- Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to upload all documents to the system as there can be long delays as the closing deadline approaches and the system will shut down at 4.00 pm precisely on the closing date, Thursday 1 October 2020. If your complete application is not fully uploaded when the system closes, your application will not be accepted.
- If you submit your application by the closing deadline, you will receive an automated email advising that your application has been successfully submitted to the system. If you do not receive this email, your application has not been submitted.