Individual Artists Digital Evolution Awards
This programme is joint funded by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Future Screens NI.
- Upskilling NI artists in the use of Digital Technology
- Creation of excellent Digital Art
- Creation of digital arts
- Supporting artists making digital art for the first time or working with digital technology which they have not used before.
- Supporting artists working with new or immersive technology
Who can apply?
Eligible applicants to this scheme are as follows:
- Individual artists of all artistic disciplines and all types of working practice.
- Artists who are employees of statutory bodies (including Universities), undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible to apply but they must prove that their proposal is not properly the concern of their employer and/or that the proposal is not related to their academic study (see p.9 in guidance notes for more detail).
- Partnership projects with creative industries freelancers or organisations are possible; however the individual artist must be the lead partner.
Eligible applicants must also be:
- Resident in Northern Ireland
- Have made a significant contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of 1 year within the last 5 years
- At least 18 years old and not in secondary education.
Who Cannot Apply?
- Applicants who have broken the conditions of any previous ACNI award within the previous 4 years (taken from the date of the letter of offer) and
- Applicants who remain in breach of any previous letters of offer (regardless of the letter of offer date).
What you can apply for
Here are some examples of the type of project we are aiming to support through this scheme. This list is far from exhaustive.
- Creation of a virtual environment or augmented reality environment; such as augmented reality visual arts or sound overlay on venues or geographical spaces.
- Using technology, such as 3D rendering and printing, to create artwork digitally which can either exist digitally or be manufactured into 3D physical objects.
How to apply?
You must apply using our online system. We will not accept applications in hard copy or by email. Online applications may be edited, saved and returned up to the closing date.
- You must submit all mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time as your application, i.e. they must be uploaded to your online application prior to its submission. These enclosures are listed on the Attachments page within the online application and are detailed below.
- Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to upload all documents to the system as there can be long delays as the closing deadline approaches and the system will shut down at 12noon precisely on the closing date, 31 August 2021. If your complete application is not fully uploaded when the system closes, with all the requested mandatory enclosures your application will not be accepted.
- If you submit your application by the closing deadline, you will receive an automated email advising that your application has been successfully submitted to the system. If you do not receive this email, your application has not been submitted.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that we receive the application form and uploaded enclosures by the closing time and date.
Download Guidance notes herehttp://www.artscouncil-ni.org/images/uploads/publications-documents/Individual-Artists-Digital-Evolution-Awards-Guidance-Notes-2021.pdf