Lottery Project Funding 2016-17
The Arts Council has designed this programme to encourage you to develop and deliver your ideas, linked to your artistic needs and to your future plans.
The aim of this programme is to assist organisations to deliver arts projects which contribute to the growth of arts in the community for new and existing audiences and which reflect the diversity of Northern Ireland’s society and culture.
We want to support activities which benefit the people of Northern Ireland or that help arts organisations in Northern Ireland carry out their work.
This programme has its own aims and criteria. However, all applications should fit within the objectives stated in the Council’s five year plan and within its artform policies. Both the five year plan and the artform policies are available on the website www.artscouncil-ni.org and you should read these before completing the application form.
Note: It is the case that the Council’s programmes, priorities and criteria can change. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the most up to date guidance notes and application forms. If you are thinking of making an application please check the Council’s website to make sure that you are using the current guidance notes.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from the widest possible range of organisations and in particular from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. You will be required to provide proof that you have a legal constitution.
• Registered charities and other organisations which cannot distribute profits may apply for funds.
• Local Authorities are eligible to apply but they are a low priority.
• Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the project is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
• You do not have to be primarily an arts organisation, although the focus of the project must be on arts activities.
• If your organisation has a limited membership, or is a school, college or university, you must show that the project will benefit the wider public.
• Public sector agencies can apply for projects which are outside their statutory remit.
• Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects.
• In most cases we expect the activity to take place in Northern Ireland. However, organisations based outside Northern Ireland can apply where they can demonstrate significant benefit to the people of Northern Ireland.
• Organisations currently in receipt of a 2016/17 Arts Council Annual Funding Programme award may apply to this programme for projects of an exceptional nature and which were not anticipated at the time of the 2016/17 application.
How to apply?
Online applications may be edited, saved and returned up to the closing date. You MUST submit ALL mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time, ie. at the point at which you submit your online application. These enclosures are listed within the online application and also on page 29 of this sample application document (available for download on our website).
The online application allows you to upload and attach the necessary enclosures to your application.
All such documents must be in Word, Excel or pdf format. We cannot accept documents in other formats. Total size of documents should not exceed 25 Mb.
Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to upload all documents to the system as there can be long delays as the closing deadline approaches and the system will shut down at 4.00 pm on the closing date. If your complete application is not uploaded when the system closes, your application will not be accepted.
Applications for this programme may only be submitted online. We will not accept applications in hard copy, by email or fax.
|Lottery Project Funding Guidance Notes 2016|
|LPF Introduction Notes & Commitment Statements|
|Lottery Project Funding Sample Application|
|Instructions for uploading documents|
|Lottery Project Funding Indicators|
|Safeguarding Check List 2016-17|