Pilot Premium Payments Programme
The Arts Council wants to ensure a wider and more diverse group of people have access to a high quality arts experience.
This pilot programme seeks to facilitate the engagement and inclusion of all Section 75 groups in funded arts activity. This includes: between persons of different religious belief, political opinion, racial group, age, marital status or sexual orientation; between men and women generally; between persons with a disability and persons without; and between persons with dependants and persons without.
- To improve access to the arts for all Section 75 groups.
- To increase engagement in the arts by each of the nine Section 75 categories
- Support arts organisations diversify audiences / participants
- Respond to project level need in a timely and systematic way, enabling engagement with existing or planned arts activity
- Target small to medium sized arts organisations without dedicated capacity or resources to facilitate the engagement of Section 75 categories
We want to support activities which benefit the people of Northern Ireland or that help arts organisations in Northern Ireland carry out their work.
Who can apply?
The Premium Payment scheme provides funding of up to £5,000 to organisations in receipt of exchequer or lottery funding and regardless of the programme support was provided under.
Organisations are eligible for funding if their total income is less than £500,000 per annum.
Eligible organisations are encouraged to apply for funding to support the engagement of one or more Section 75 groups.
Organisations must ensure that they are able to complete the project(s) by 31 March 2020.
You will be required to provide proof with your expression of interest that you have a legal constitution.
Who Cannot Submit an Expression of Interest
• Individuals or Sole traders
• Commercial trading companies
• Companies that exist to distribute a profit
• Statutory authorities or organisations governed by statutory authorities i.e. ELB schools.
How to apply?
You can only apply to this programme by submitting an Expression of Interest. A template is available to download below.
Expressions of interest (and supporting documentation) and be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post for the attention of Andrea McKittrick, Arts Council of Northern Ireland, Linen Hill House, 23 Linenhall Street, Lisburn, BT28 1FJ.
All expressions of interest can be submitted to the Arts Council from Monday 6th January 2020 up to Friday 13th March 2020.
As well as the Expression of Interest, available to download below, you are also required to submit the following essential documents:
• Your organisation’s Constitution and/or Memorandum and Articles of Association (if not previously stored in the Government Funding Database)
• CVs or information on artist/s, groups, technical staff, other personnel you propose to employ as part of the project
• Equality & Monitoring Information – a template for your completion is available below
Eligible Expressions of Interest will be considered by an arts development officer or head of. You will be notified of a decision within 2 weeks of submitting an eligible Expression of Interest.
If submitting your expression of interest by email, please clearly identify in the subject line, the programme to which the expression of interest relates.
If you decide to submit your expression of interest by post, please ensure that it is with by 4.00pm on Friday 13 March 2020. Proof of postage is not admissible.