Equality Scheme and Action Plan
Our Equality Scheme is a statement of our commitment to fulfil the statutory obligations in compliance with Section 75 and Schedule 9 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
This Act places a duty on us to promote equality of opportunities and good relations.
An equality scheme outlines the public authority's arrangements for:
- assessing its compliance with the duties under section 75
- assessing and consulting on the likely impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity
- monitoring any adverse impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity
- publishing the results of such assessments
- training staff
- ensuring and assessing public access to information and services provided by the public authority.
We will commit necessary resources (in terms of people, time and money) to make sure that the statutory duties are complied with and that the Equality Scheme can be implemented effectively, and on time.
The Arts Council’s new Equality Scheme was approved by the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland. The Arts Council has also produced an Action Plan for the timeframe of the Equality Scheme.
If you require this document in an alternative format, such as large print, Braille, easy read or digital, and/or another language, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Graeme Stevenson or Ashleigh Lilley
Strategic Development Department
Arts Council of Northern Ireland
Linen Hill House
23 Linenhall Street
Lisburn BT28 1FJ
Telephone: 02890 385 243