Equality Scheme and Action Plan
Our Equality Scheme is a statement of our commitment to fulfil the statutory obligations in compliance with Section 75 and Schedule 9 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
This Act places a duty on us to promote equality of opportunities and good relations.
An equality scheme outlines the public authority's arrangements for:
- assessing its compliance with the duties under section 75
- assessing and consulting on the likely impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity
- monitoring any adverse impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity
- publishing the results of such assessments
- training staff
- ensuring and assessing public access to information and services provided by the public authority.
We will commit necessary resources (in terms of people, time and money) to make sure that the statutory duties are complied with and that the Equality Scheme can be implemented effectively, and on time.
The Arts Council’s new Equality Scheme was approved by the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland on the 27 February 2013. The Arts Council has also produced an Action Plan for the timeframe of the Equality Scheme.