Creative Industries Seed Programme III for Individuals
Sorry, this programme is closed. If you need help please contact us
This £25k funding award is eligible for partnerships that use the arts within new and emerging technologies.
With the continuing evolution of immersive technology, it has the potential to expand the possibilities of how the arts can be distributed and utilised in new and innovate ways.
- Encourage Cross-Sectoral Collaboration;
- Drive innovation in technologies; and
- Creating new content, products, services and experiences.
The aim of this project is to assist arts organisations, entrepreneurs, and creative businesses to undertake projects that:
- Contribute to the growth of the creative industries; and
- Unlock future income generation.
All applications must be partnerships between an arts organisation or artist and a creative business or academia.
Who can apply?
All applications must be a collaboration between two or more applicants. The lead applicant – that is, the applicant in whose name the application is submitted and who, in the event of an award, will be the group or individual responsible for managing the grant, and monitoring and reporting on the project - must be based in Northern Ireland.
Eligible lead applicants to this scheme are as follows:
- Arts organisations
- Individual Artists registered as sole traders
- Creative Businesses
In order for your application to be eligible your project must meet the following criteria:
- Involve a partnership between an artist or arts organisations with a creative business and/or academia
- Use new and emerging technology to advance artistic practice to enhance the experience of arts audiences, create new digital artistic products, or allow for digital distribution of existing arts products or services
You will be required to provide confirmation that all project partners are legally constituted:
- All sole traders must be registered with Revenue and Customs and provide a copy of their Unique Taxpayer Reference along with evidence of a business bank account.
- Limited companies and Partnerships must also be fully constituted.
- Start-up businesses can apply but must be fully constituted and registered prior to applying for an award.
What costs can be covered by a CISF award?
- Content/product development costs, including reasonable material costs
- Freelance/short-term contracts
- Existing staff costs, positions or roles as they relate to the proposed activity
- Essential digital equipment and software up to a max 20% of Total Request Amount (ie. 20% of the total amount you are requesting from us in the application). All requests for hardware or software must be integral to project delivery and will be reviewed on a case by case basis by assessors.
- Reasonable travel and subsistence costs
- Reasonable advertising and PR costs
- Networking and cooperation costs associated with collaborative activity
- Export advice and assistance
- Appropriate and reasonable market research costs
How to apply?
You must apply using our online system. We will not accept applications in hard copy or by email.
Online applications may be edited, saved and returned up to the closing date.
- You must submit all mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time as your application, i.e. they must be uploaded to your online application prior to its submission. These enclosures are listed on the Attachments page within the online application and in the guidance notes.
- Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to upload all documents to the system as there can be long delays as the closing deadline approaches and the system will shut down at 12noon precisely on the closing date, 15 December 2022. If your complete application is not fully uploaded when the system closes, with all the requested mandatory enclosures, your application will not be accepted.
- If you submit your application by the closing deadline, you will receive an automated email advising that your application has been successfully submitted to the system. If you do not receive this email, your application has not been submitted.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that we receive the application form and uploaded enclosures by the closing time and date.