The Arts Council has designed this programme to provide funding for highly-skilled, exceptional, high-profile professional performing musicians working only at a professional level who seek support for the purchase of high quality instruments that are central to their performing career.
This award is open to musicians working as a high-level performer in a solo capacity or as part of a small group / chamber ensemble in any musical genre. This scheme is aimed at providing instruments for rehearsal and performance.
Who can apply?
The Arts Council welcomes applications from the widest possible range of individuals and in particular from applicants categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
In addition, in order to be eligible to apply to this programme, you must be a professional musician.
- who is from or currently resides in Northern Ireland – please note that you must be based in Northern Ireland and make regular use of the instrument in Northern Ireland.
- who is working as a high-level performer in a solo capacity or as part of a small group / chamber ensemble in any musical genre.
Eligible applicants must also be
- Living in Northern Ireland;
- Have made a contribution to the artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of 1 year within the last 5 years;
- At least 18 years old and not in secondary education.
Who Cannot Apply?
- Non-professional musicians
- Individuals under the age of 18
- Applicants who received an award from the Musical Instruments for Individuals Programme in the previous five years
- Applicants who have broken the conditions of any previous ACNI award.
How to apply?
You must apply using our online system. We will not accept applications in hard copy or by email.
- Online applications may be edited, saved and returned up to the closing date
- You must submit all mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time as your application, ie. they must be uploaded to your online application prior to its submission. These enclosures are listed on the attachments page within the online application and are detailed below.
- Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to upload all documents to the system as there can be long delays as the closing deadline approaches and the system will shut down at 12 noon precisely on the closing date, Monday 11 September 2023. If your complete application is not fully uploaded when the system closes, your application will not be accepted.
- If you submit your application by the closing deadline, you will receive an automated email advising that your application has been successfully submitted to the system. If you do not receive this email, your application has not been submitted.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that we receive the application form and uploaded enclosures by the closing deadline. The Arts Council will not accept responsibility for applications which are not successfully submitted by the programme deadline.