Artists are the lifeblood of the Creative Industries
Our funding programmes enable entrepreneurs, creative businesses and arts organisations to undertake projects that contribute to the growth of the creative industries and unlock future income generation.
- The creative industries are one of the fastest growing sectors of the UK economy.
- The main source of our competitive strength and wealth and job creation is moving away from the traditional industries to our creative sector and its range of cultural products.
- In Northern Ireland, creative industries employ over five percent of the entire workforce and contribute nearly £1billion GVA. (Source: Uni of Ulster, Creative Industries Institute)
- DfC estimates 29,000 jobs, or 3.4% of total employment in NI.
- The use of new and immersive technologies is a fast-growing market and incorporating these into the creation and delivery of arts experiences can open up valuable new ways of generating income for arts organisations.
- £1billion GVA
- 29,000 jobs